MAKING TAX DIGITAL – ACT NOW
If your turnover is £85,000 or over, this may affect you!
- HMRC’s online VAT portal will close from April 2019.
- VAT returns must instead be submitted to HMRC through MTD software.
- You must digitally record their VAT transactions and returns using MTD software.
QuickBooks online is ready and so are we. We have our new Agent Services Account, we have QuickBooks software, and we have passed the QuickBooks MTD test.
Click here to get your free MTD guide from QuickBooks
What should you do?
- Set up your digital accounting system (eg QuickBooks online) before 1st April 2019
- Check you can log onto your gateway account for your business
- Check that you can access the VAT online services for your business
- Register for MTD from the link when you first log onto your HMRC account
Click here if you need to create a gateway account.
If MTD affects you, here are the first VAT periods to be prepared using MTD software:
VAT period 1st April to 30th June 2019
VAT period 1st May to 31st July 2019
VAT period 1st June to 31st August 2019
Click here if you need to read HMRC’s MTD guidance
You may also find these useful
Intuit QuickBooks Firm of the Future 2017 runner up
How delighted are we! Simply Additions Ltd have successfully made it into the GLOBAL runner up list in theRead more
Shortlisted for Three Accountancy Awards
1. Small Firm of the Year, Finalist: Simply Additions Ltd 2. Tax Adviser of the Year, Finalist: Lorraine Ellison, FCMA 3. Finance Director of the Year, Finalist, Lorraine Ellison, FCMA…Read more
Simply Additions partners with Starling Bank