MAKING TAX DIGITAL – ACT NOW
If your turnover is £85,000 or over, this may affect you!
- HMRC’s online VAT portal will close from April 2019.
- VAT returns must instead be submitted to HMRC through MTD software.
- You must digitally record their VAT transactions and returns using MTD software.
QuickBooks online is ready and so are we. We have our new Agent Services Account, we have QuickBooks software, and we have passed the QuickBooks MTD test.
Click here to get your free MTD guide from QuickBooks
What should you do?
- Set up your digital accounting system (eg QuickBooks online) before 1st April 2019
- Check you can log onto your gateway account for your business
- Check that you can access the VAT online services for your business
- Register for MTD from the link when you first log onto your HMRC account
Click here if you need to create a gateway account.
If MTD affects you, here are the first VAT periods to be prepared using MTD software:
VAT period 1st April to 30th June 2019
VAT period 1st May to 31st July 2019
VAT period 1st June to 31st August 2019
Click here if you need to read HMRC’s MTD guidance
You may also find these useful
Embracing New Technology….
In June 2015 we installed some new software called Virtual Cabinet. The software allows us to scan and store electronic documents as well as send and receive documents via the…Read more
Percy Hedley Foundation
Percy Hedley Foundation is a great North East charity providing a wide range of high quality, specialist and personalised care and education support to disabled people and their families. Simply…Read more
Mike Lever non-executive Director
Mike Lever appointed as non-executive Director We are delighted to announce the appointment of Mike Lever to our board of directors. As a non-executive director, Mike will be helping us…Read more