Choosing Simply Additions as your accountant
We have helped many new businesses to cope with their first year of trading so we understand exactly what is involved and are fully aware of the many difficulties you will face. We can share some of the lessons learnt by others so you can make faster progress and help you to avoid some of the pitfalls along the way. We listen to what you hope to achieve from your new business and ask you questions so we can understand how this fits in with your home life and your financial situation. Continuing on we can then help you as your business evolves though business improvement projects, business plans and preparation of monthly management accounts.
How you might be introduced to us:
- Our customers recommend us to new businesses or to businesses who need to change accountants
- Our business colleagues refer customers to us
- We meet business owners at networking events
- You might find our profile on social media
- You may find us on a register such as the QuickBooks website.
The services we provide:
In addition to the accountancy and tax services we can also help with the following:
- Accounts procedure guides
- QuickBooks implementation and set up
- Sage implementation and set up
- Spreadsheet creation
- Accountant Certificate to assist with opening a new business bank account
- Accountants reference to assist with mortgage or loan applications
- HMRC inspections
- Penalty appeals
- Goodwill calculations
- Loss relief claims
- R&D Claims
- Property rental accounts
Qualifications & Experience
Lorraine is a Chartered Management Accountant and a registered Member in Practice with many years experience in accounts and tax.
Alison is studying level 4, AAT and has 2 years experience in bookkeeping and payroll.
Helen is a Chartered Certified Accountant and has 9 years experience of accounts preparation, audit and tax.
What industry sectors do we work in?
- Manufacturing & Engineering
- Business coaching and training
- IT maintenance & support
- Graphic design & web design
- Online businesses
- Trades (electrical, plumbing, building)
- Limo Hire
- Property Rental
- Property Development
What systems do we use?
- We use QuickBooks for bookkeeping and we can also use Sage, and Spreadsheets.
- For cloud based solutions we currently use KashFlow, QuickFile and are currently testing other products.
- We use TaxCalc to prepare annual accounts and tax returns. We can create PDF versions of the documents and can file online.