Choosing Simply Additions as your accountant
We have helped many new businesses to cope with their first year of trading so we understand exactly what is involved and are fully aware of the many difficulties you will face. We can share some of the lessons learnt by others so you can make faster progress and help you to avoid some of the pitfalls along the way. We listen to what you hope to achieve from your new business and ask you questions so we can understand how this fits in with your home life and your financial situation. As your business grows, we can then help with tax planning, business improvement projects, business plans and preparation of monthly management accounts.
How you might be introduced to us:
- Our customers recommend us to new businesses or to businesses who need to change accountants
- Our business colleagues refer customers to us
- We meet business owners at networking events
- You might find our profile on social media
- You may find us on a register such as the quickbooks Find an Accountant portal.
The services we provide:
In addition to the accountancy and tax services we can also help with the following:
- Accounts proceduce guides
- QuickBooks implementation and set up
- Sage implementation and set up
- Spreadsheet creation
- Accountants reference to assist with new bank accounts & mortgage or loan applications
- HMRC inspections
- Penalty appeals
- Goodwill calculations
- Loss relief claims
- R&D Claims
- Property rental accounts
- Forensic accounting
Qualifications & Experience
Lorraine is a Chartered Management Accountant and a registered Member in Practice with many years experience in accounts and tax. She is experience in setting up and running small businesses.
Alison is an Accounting Technician (MAAT) and is experienced in payroll, bookkeeping and sole trader tax.
Helen is a Chartered Certified Accountant and is experienced in accounts preparation, audit and tax.
Lynn is our financial controller and experience bookkeeper (in QuickBooks online and Sage),
Des is our trainee bookkeeper and Katerina is our new AAT apprentice. Find out a bit more about our team here
What industry sectors do we work in?
- Manufacturing & Engineering
- Business coaching and training
- IT maintenance & support
- Graphic design & web design
- Online businesses
- Trades (electrical, plumbing, building)
- Limo Hire
- Property Rental
- Property Development
What systems do we use?
- We have chosen QuickBooks Online as our sole offering for bookkeeping. We hold advanced certification and are experienced at setting up the system, fixing things that have been done incorrectly and helping customers to make use of the automated features.
- We use TaxCalc to prepare annual accounts and tax returns. We can create PDF versions of the documents and can file online.
- We are using Adobe e-sign to obtain electronic signatures for accounts and tax returns. This saves so much time, particularly if there’s an imminent deadline.